Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dinner with a World Champion


My Kids school hosted a Sports related dinner to try and raise funds for a couple of local charities(Cancer Research and Leukaemia) and for the school Rugby tour to Cyprus next year .

One of the guest speakers was Tim Don - 2006 ITU Triathlon World Champion at Olympic distance - I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with him and he seemed a genuinely nice guy and was really interested in talking about what I was doing with Tri's etc as well as talking about himself - He suffered a horrible injury in Beijing during the late summer in the OLympic test event but he says he is almost back to full fitness and hopes to be on the podium in August

( I do look slightly red in the face in the picture but I had been sampling quite a few beers and various Grape type liquids by then )

Neil